Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network Connections Missing

• Please log in to reply

spolebitski

spolebitski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday my network connections went missing! I need some help installing the ethernet broadband controller (it is missing). My wireless device is installed but it has an explanation point next to it (meaning some sort of problem). I have attempted to download a driver from dell but it goes through the steps for instillation but nothing seems to actually install.

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m. It has windows xp, and intel centrino. Let me know if anyone can help installing the internet connections again. If you need more information let me know.

Scott

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
The driver my be on your hard drive. There is usually a Dell folder on the C: drive with a drivers folder. Or if you have the Dell Utilities and drivers disk that used to come with their PCs it should be there. You usually have to extract them from a .zip file. Or you could try a System Restore and see if that helps.

blkbtmgrl

blkbtmgrl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling: I sure hope that someone can figure this one out...the same thing has just happen to me. The only difference is that my Dell is a 2400. And I have tried the disc that came with the pc , have tried reinstalling drivers, have taken it completey out cleaned and put back, and tried everything again, including Stytem restore, DSL says that I don't have card but device manger says that I do but have the exlamation point by it and it won't work...tried the site also...same thing...attempted to download a driver from dell but it goes through the steps for instillation but nothing seems to actually install...I will let you know if I figure this out in my searching of the internet...blkbtmgrl