Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Really need help ?

• Please log in to reply

madhe

madhe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi ... all ;)

I really need your help with my win98. Everytimes I want to play a game, its going to blue screen that inform error at 0028:C0243B7F in VxD VDD(09) + 00001803. And windows hang. And that make me so confuse, this just happen for some users only, not to all users. And I try to start with my user name again and it wont let me to load windows desktop, it directly going to blue screen with error.
In task list there one list active ... Hidrve ... just that in the list when i klik Ctr + Alt + Del.

I have try to find the answer from Microsoft Website, but I can't found the error code.

Thanks for your helps, all. And I'm sorry with my poor English, 'cause I came from Indonesia. :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
do you mean all users on the same computer (multi-user windows 98 machine?

Or do you mean users on similar configured machines.

I was with you until you said it only happens to some users.

Generally, this is a driver issue, but since all users of a system share the same drivers, that will not apply.

Please clarify.

madhe

madhe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your reply gerryf, i mean multi-user windows 98 on same machine. That what make me confuse and don't understand ...
Thanks ...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK....well, given your description, this should NOT work, but let's try it anyway.

Do you know what version of Winodws 98 you have? Right click on MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES....on the general tab it should say what version of windows you have installed.

Also, in the meantime, get yourself a compression program that supports CAB files--for example tugzip (google it and install it)

madhe

madhe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK ... I have already check my win version :

Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition
4.10.2222 A

And i have already install TUGzip v3.2.0 on my computer. And what next should i do?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
get your windows disk, search for WIN98_54.CAB file.

Open it with tugzip. Find vdd.vxd in the archive, extract it.

Put a copy in the following folders

Windows\System\VMM32
and
Windows\System

reboot, cross your fingers

madhe

madhe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well finally ... :tazz: it still stuck, but now i can play my games that i have installed before i get error. If i try install new games and try to play it, that error show up again. I try to install games running in DOS or not 3D games, i can play it with good.
That the problem is relate with VGA card? For information, for VGA i use GeForce2 MX200 ( ;) old one, but it enough to play low quality games) I try to install new driver for it, but it doesn't work. And now, all of user have some problem ;) , cant playing new games. Should i reinstall windows? Or any suggestion ?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i really didn't think that would work, because you replaced files that every user uses...would have been surprised, but the error is occuring in that file....why?

Can you play these games in other user profiles?

By all means update the video driver before doing anything else.