Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WC3 hosting

• Please log in to reply

crustygloves

crustygloves

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I started my quest at www.portforwarding.com did everything they said, adn teh blizzard site, googled it, nothing there worked, anyone been able to get this to work? anyone that has ... help me!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok so your ports are blocked and you can't open them... Which type of router are you using? Has this always happened?

crustygloves

crustygloves

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i have a BEFSR41-v3 and it has always been happening

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I've never touched that kind of router, how are you able to change the port settings with it? Do they save?

crustygloves

crustygloves

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I don't know exactly what you mean when you say "how are you able to change the port settings with it". but yes, the changes i made saved

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
That's strange. Now, this may not be the case, but here goes... Sometimes the IPS (Verizon, etc.) blocks some of these ports on their server for you. I suggest calling them and finding out if it's blocked.

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Stormknight6, 29 August 2006 - 01:26 PM.

crustygloves

crustygloves

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i don't think that would be it, i have a friend that lives next door, with the same modem, and service provider. He can host fine, the only difference is he doesn't have a router and i do.

ChrisWright

ChrisWright

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
For 'Inbound Services' the port 6112 is used for Warcraft 3. If you are able to, you must try and have access granted to that port of your router.

I believe that for 'Outbound Services' port 6112 also must be opened.

The methods for opening ports manually on routers vary for each Brand, and different on some models also, therefore i cannot advise on how to do this, nor am i responsible for any mistakes made / problems caused. This is my own advice, and i warn you should only open ports if you understand what you are doing.

Chris

crustygloves

crustygloves

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i got it working, i typed in my ip adress wrong :whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well in any event, you know just a bit more about networking :whistling: Glad to see it worked for you. I was starting to wonder myself :blink:

Kyle7829

Kyle7829

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My friend wants to host Warcraft 3 and ive been trying to help him for the past 3 days and we just cant figure out how to do this. We would really appreciate if you could give us like a step by step analysis if at all possible. His router is 108 Mbps Wireless Firewall Router WGT624 v3.