Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer error when connected to NET

• Please log in to reply

andydude00

andydude00

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Please help I have a Windows XP, Toshiba lap top computer and whenever my computer's wireless card is turned on the computer enters a blue screen and i have to restart it. What can I do?

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Check if your wireless card works like normal. Go Start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager. Look under network adaptors. See any yellow ! or ?.

andydude00

andydude00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Thank you for helping.

Well I did what you said and there was no sign of anything wrong with the wireless card on the device manager part. What I did to further diagnose the problem was to disable the card, and I tried to run some programs. Nothing went wrong, then I enabled it and turned it on and I received a blue page error. This showed on my screen for less than a second and then the computer turns off, and then on again.

andydude00

andydude00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
What else should I do?

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Go to device manager again. Click on the network adaptor. Hit ''DELETE''. This will uninstall it from device manager. Restart the computer and let windows find a correct driver for the device.

andydude00

andydude00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hey emery, thank you so much for the help. I finally got the computer to work with YOUR help! Thanks a million to you and the other geeks to go techs.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Thanks for letting us know how it worked out.

Thanks

Emery