Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buying a laptop for COLLEGE

• Please log in to reply

tWiStEdArRow

tWiStEdArRow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
dam ok ill certainly thing about the hardrive thing and look it over and make a decision. DAm dell for coming out with a newer processor at the last minute

Advertisements

doktrin

doktrin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Have you looked at ibuypower.com ?
I've never bought from them, but they have some decent (on paper) laptops for a very reasonable price

fx this one called the hel II
15 inch screen, Core 2 Duo 1.83 mhz, 2 gigs of ram, a geforce 7600 mobile, 100 gig 7200 rpm HD for around $1500 / $1600.

If i were buying a laptop, I'd be goin with them, I think. I read a review somewhere on the net regardin one of their laptops and it was positive - but it didnt address one key area of concern which is durability. The specs, however, are smokin.