Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Long shutdown

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
My computer takes up to 5 minutes to shut down. I eventually have to turn the power off. Why is this happening, and what can I do to fix this before I do irreparable damage to my windows xp pro. Secondly, I have a i-link cable going into the proper connection on my computer. ( Windows XP Pro, Asus p800 motherboard, Pentium 4, 1 gig ram).... however, I get a message " USB device unrecognized" etc etc... How can I correct this so I can connect my video camera to the computer. I have 3 editing programs, Roxio, Nero, and Pinnacle. Each one cannot find the camera.... Thanks.....

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Please start a new post in the hardware forum about your camera.

Back to your shutdown problem. Are there lots of programs running when you shutdown the machine?