Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

where are usernames stored in explorer

• Please log in to reply

Juhlefar

Juhlefar

• Pip
  • 6 posts
By entering some websites, it asks for a username and a password. By typing in this, windows asks to remember it. By accident i clikked no. Now i have to type it every time.
How can i make windows xp / explorer to ask me again, so i can click yes. :whistling:

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Open internet explorer. Go Tools>internet options>clear cookies.

Fix?

Juhlefar

Juhlefar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for trying, but i didn't work for me.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Try this: open internet explorer>tools>options>clear cookies and delete files. If this doesn't work you could also empty your history list.

aero05

aero05

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok
open the internet explorer, go to tools, click on internet options, click on the content tab on the top of the window, click the auto complete button, on the user name and password on forms option add a check mark, also on the prompt me to save password option.... make sure they have a check mark and from then on it should ask you if you want to save your passwords on the internet explorer

post again if it worked........or if it didn't

Juhlefar

Juhlefar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry folks, nothing You've sugested yet works here. It is only at one site i won't work. All other sites works and new sites asks.
I'll try allmost anything.

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
when you go to the site in question does it have a click box under the login details? as in remember me?

Steve
:whistling:

Juhlefar

Juhlefar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
There is no click box along with th log in details.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
What if you go to that site, go to the login box and click on it. Now hold the down arrow. Does your username/email adress scroll down? If it does, try hitting DELETE.

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
try downloading "crap cleaner"

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if you want you can just modify your password and get windows to ask you again
some sites ask you to remember others dont

Juhlefar

Juhlefar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Typing in annother username or password, does not give me the opportunity to remember anything. I gues somwhere in windows it is stored that i don't want to have remembered the username. I'm ready to keep on trying, if anyone has a solution.

aero05

aero05

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
this is where you tell the internet explorer if you want it to memorize your passwords

aero05

aero05

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
where are my attachments