Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-Virus Query

• Please log in to reply

dpends

dpends

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
A curiosity question. My subscription to NtnAntiVirus is running out in a few days thus a decision to be made. A little input might help in that area.
My server offers NtnAntiVirus free as one of its utilities (one need only uninstall their version and install the version from the server company ... a large Cdn concern ... then install the downloadable version). Option 2 is to upgrade the lic for the present version for 1 yr (about $35 US), purchase NtnIntSecurity+System Works Basic 2006 for $45 or buy NtnAV for $40.
Norton has always seemed such a memory hog. I have WinDefender on board, use a goodly number of the malware programs recommended by GksToGo (Adaware, Spybot ... and used Ewido when it was necessary).
(Another family member uses Avast and as yet ... no problems).
I know none of them are perfect but sometimes it is good to listen to the advice of those who have to deal with the end results of virus/spyware/trojan ... malware intrusions such as does this forum prior to making a decision.
Now the question ... any recommendations suggestions considerations that one might make in making this decision.

Advertisements

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Hi dpends

Norton is a resource hog as you said, the free AV's available are light on resources and very good at what they do and even better cause they are free.

If you don't mind paying for protection then NOD32 or Kaspersky are very good Antivirus programs. check out the link in my signature below for a list of free utilities.

Andy :whistling: