Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio balance problem

• Please log in to reply

xlambx

xlambx

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I might've posted this the wrong topic place. I posted it in Windows XP/98 one earlier. So I'm bringing it over here incase. Yo, On my computer you can only hear on the right side. At first, I thought it was the speaker wires or something. So i tried rearranging them. But then when i switched around, the only speaker started playing and one didn't. So then I connected hearphones. And I can only hear on the right side. I have used Winamp and Windows Media Player to check. Both of them are balanced at center, but still only the right side plays. I used Divx to watch a movie and only the right side plays at well. I've checked my volume settings on the systrem tray but still no luck. Help please.

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

I have used Winamp and Windows Media Player to check. Both of them are balanced at center, but still only the right side plays. I've checked my volume settings on the systrem tray but still no luck. Help please.

You can only hear the right side. Try setting the slider all the way to the left side.

Edited by emery, 28 August 2006 - 01:18 PM.

xlambx

xlambx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i have slid it all the wya to the left. i dont hear anything. i tried it with my speakers and headphones.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Go to device manager. Start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager. Look for your soundcard in that list. Select it and hit ''DELETE''. Reboot your machine and let windows find a driver for your card.

Good luck.

xlambx

xlambx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
hmm thanks for the help but iono how but it works now. I've restarted and shutted off the computer and it didn't work. but when i signed on it now did. thanks for the help anyways guys.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
You're welcome. Glad you this fixed.