Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP WITH .DLL file extensions

• Please log in to reply

crazygamerm2

crazygamerm2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Guys, anybody i need help. :whistling:

i guess somthin happened with my registry and now almost all of my files games and software wont run.
everytime i try to start a game or sumthin up it says "unable to load XXXXXXXXX.dll" or " cannot find XXXXXXX.dll file " i need help :blink:
any input includung a FREE program to solve this problem or just fixes please tell me

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi crazyqamerm2. Have you tried system restore?

Hit,Start, all programs, Accessories, system tools,
system restore, click on restore my computer to an earlier time,
then pick a date before the problem. then click next.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
how did you get infect with such a dreadful dll we all know x with skull means poisonous..but xxxxxxx.dll is really some trojan software hardware infection your better of in the malwere forum

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
bump

Edited by rushin1nd, 27 August 2006 - 11:35 PM.

crazygamerm2

crazygamerm2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
XXXXXXXX represents the name dumby. even if u were joking u DOUBLE POSTED !!!!!!!!!
and ill have to try the system restore

ill see how that works for me

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Javacoolsoftware blocks it but not sure if it gets rid of it

just run your antivirus and what ever spyware and malware programs you have see what happens............

myself i hope im wrong

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
It is likely that this component of the trojan is downloaded to the victim machine via a JavaScript trojan detected as JS/Cisp . This script results in the downloading of a 5,120 byte PE executable (with filename README.TXT). When the 5,120 byte executable is run, it extracts a DLL from its body, saving it to disk as: %SysDir%\XXXXXXX.DLL (20,480 bytes) (where %SysDir% is the Windows System directory, and XXXXXXX represents 7 random characters, e.g. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AVCXKDM.DLL) The EXE and the DLL are detected as CoreFlood and CoreFlood.dll respectively by the latest engine/DATs. Code within the DLL is run via a function call by the executable. The DLL is injected into the memory space of EXPLORER.EXE. In this manner personal firewalls may be bypassed (if EXPLORER.EXE is a "trusted" process).

does any of his ring a bell

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to malware forum they will help you

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. System clean? Spyware Protection.
To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up. Need help starting a new topic? Click Here.

thanks