Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reboot Problem

• Please log in to reply

superman55027

superman55027

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
This only happens some time when I reboot. My computer beeps at me and from what i have already read on the fourms this is not a good sign. Ok when I try to power on my computer the screen stays black and after I press the power button I get a series of beeps it goes Bepp pause Beep Beep Beep pause Beep Beep Beep pause Beep then nothing happens, but the power light stays on. Till i hit the power button then it turns off and when I try to boot up again the same thing happens. Then sometimes it will just magically Boot up. Any help you could give me would be great. Thanks a bunch.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, things differ according to motherboard type, but here is a link of computer bleep types, you will probably find it now.

http://www.ocforums....ad.php?t=382587

superman55027

superman55027

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ya i dont know I have an IBM and I looked at the codes and is didn't look like they had the same code in there, thanks for the help though

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
That is usual keyboard

http://www.pcstats.c...?articleID=1223

superman55027

superman55027

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ah ok so what does that mean i should do?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Not much I think, I imagine you just restarted to comp each time, check to see if it is connected firmly, do a clean up process of the comp, delete the contents of the prefetch folder, check keyboard driver in devmgmt.msc, try a different keyboard to see if you get the same results, etc.

superman55027

superman55027

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am on a laptop would there be anything i could do for that?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
How was the drivers in device manager, did you delete the contents of the prefetch, have you downloaded cleanup from this site on

http://www.geekstogo....Log-t2852.html

Some questions, was this alway happening, is it under warrenty, has the maker's site reported any known bugs, on the same site is there a driver update that might clear this?

Also, my fault for not asking exact make and model please?

Edited by fleamailman, 28 August 2006 - 02:22 AM.

superman55027

superman55027

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
It is an IBM Think Pad T30

superman55027

superman55027

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
So i should just delete all the contents of the C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch folder?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I normally delete the lot but there are some people who leave the layout file alone deleting the reast, up to you.