Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Connection Sharing

• Please log in to reply

alphanumeric

alphanumeric

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Is this possible?

YOU: has a broadband internet connection
ME: no internet connection, has a modem

can you setup your OWN server so that i can dial to you and use your internet connection as well? im not necessarily going for the broadband speed because i only have a modem so it probably will go just 56k of course.

if its possible can someone tell me how to do a setup of my own ISP server?

btw i have broadband connection and im running on windows xp. i just want to share my connection with a friend who is in need of an unlimited connection (even if its just dialup).

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is potentially against the terms and conditions of the people who provide you with your internet connection, as the ISPs would want your friend to use their services and pay them money for it as opposed to leeching off you. And of course if they find out you're letting him do this, you won't have any internet access at all.

Suggest to your friend to get his own internet connection, most providers offer a pay-as-you-go service for dial-up.