Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Liteon 451s not recognizing audio cds

• Please log in to reply

Phildow

Phildow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, This particular computer (not mine, but I am somewhat familiar with) has been know to give out wierd problems like this. For a while now it has been giving trouble accessing the dvd burner and a newer 120g slave hard drive. I believe I have fixed the problem with the hard drive by reseting the jumper to cable select instead of (master with slave) being this computer is less than 2 years old. The problem with the dvd drive is still persisting even though I also set it to cable select (no difference). I do not know when it started, but it was recently. I have been cleaning a lot of spy/adware and viruses off this machine and have also installed nero 7. between the 2 previouse sentences is where I suspect my problem is. The drive will read and burn dvds with no trouble. It will read burned or original data cds. It has trouble, but will read most burned audio cds (media player will skip a little and shows what looks like hex code as a song title). But it absolutly will not even recognize an original, store bought audio cd. In (my computer) it showes up as if it were a blank dvd r with around 4,600 free space with none used. The Drive is fairly new and has no trouble with dvds, and from what I could tell on Liteon website, it is also up to date on drivers and firmware. So therefor I believe it's going to be a software/windows problem. Any information that could possible lead to a cure will be greatly appreciated, and thanks for your time.

Advertisements