Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Media Center Edition

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hi,

I would like to hook up my PS2 to my Dell Dimension 9150 that has media center on it....(i can watch tv on it and stuff)..

but looking online (google) i found out that you can't change the input meaning that basically you can't play ps2 using your computer and monitor....(not talking about emulators....just using the monitor as the tv)...

Is it impossible or is there a way?

:whistling:

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
You want to connect your computer monitor to your ps2? For what reason do you want to attach your computer to your ps2? All you need is the monitor, right?

Please explain again.

Thankyou.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
You know the 3 little plugs that you have to hook up to the tv in order to the ps2 to work...yeah i have those plugs but on my computer....and the monitor is hooked up to my computer....is there another way?

I wouldn-t mind playing without my computer...just with my monitor....

leingod

leingod

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I think you have a TV card installed on your computer. I play my PS2 on my Computer monitor using my TV card by using the application that lets me watch TV on my computer and changing the channels to "composite" or "S-video".

Generally your computer doesn't really need to have Media Center Edition (even though you do).

So basically what I'm saying is use the application (software) that you use to watch TV on your computer, hook up you PS2 into your computer, then change the channels to "Composite" or "S-video" (thats if you have S-Video input cables) and presto! Also note that applications may vary, so you might not have that luxury.

Edited by leingod, 29 August 2006 - 06:34 AM.