Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I heard MS was releasing IE 7 as a critical update on WSUS?

Anyone else hear or believe this?

What are you general thoughts on the stability and useage of 7?

Should we keep 6 or make the leap?

Any ideas would be great.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i saw that in my wsus as well...you can set it as a synch option to add the ie7 dynamic installer as a product... i'm assuming that that's the IE7 upgrade...it's very odd to me that they would make this available since IE7 is still only at RC1...doesn't make sense to push out a release candidate

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Im with you. I dont understand this at all. My concern is that I have WSUS approve all critical and security updates. Someone said that IE7 was in that category. If its a product or roll up or anything like that I dont care, because I approve those. Just want to make sure it doesnt come through and kill my system. Even though our default browser is FireFox :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah...well you shouldn't let WSUS auto approve anything...i've got all my critical's set on detect only...that way i can still get the chance to decline one if i know it hoses something...

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
after I wrote that it didnt sound as good as in my head. I am going to set that now so I dont forget.