Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

temperature

• Please log in to reply

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
my pc is making a lot of noise - i want to check the temperature, can i access this while running in normal mode or do i have to reboot and hit F8 or some another function button.
Thanks for any sugestions.

Also i use crap cleaner daily - cleanup every 3 days - avg/spybot/ad-aware scan weekly - defrag and remove/restore system restore every 2 weeks - is this healthy for basic pc or too much for the HD etc.

Edited by sano, 28 August 2006 - 09:45 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can get a program called speedfan (google it) to monitor your temps from within windows..

sano

sano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
thank you

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Also i use crap cleaner daily - cleanup every 3 days - avg/spybot/ad-aware scan weekly - defrag and remove/restore system restore every 2 weeks - is this healthy for basic pc or too much for the HD etc.

That is great. I wish everyone did this... Nice to see there are people who take good care of their system.