Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Problems!

• Please log in to reply

intake

intake

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
every time i try to play mp3s on my winamp i keep getting a error which says " Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration." Error code: 88780078.

i tried to reinstall my sound card driver again but it doesnt do anything. this isnt just for my winamp either, i dont have any sound at all even when i try to play movies.

does anyone know whats wrong with my sound?

im also currently using Sound Blaster Live! as my sound card.

Edited by intake, 28 August 2006 - 12:06 PM.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I will need more info about you computer:

Download and run WinAudit. Save the audit to your desktop. This will save three files. Take all three files and put them into a single zip (compressed) folder. Name the folder WinAudit.

Please do NOT attach the folder to a post here. For security reasons, the info that Winaudit gathers should not be made available to the public. Rather, take that folder and send it to me through a PM (Private Message) instead. If you have trouble sending it to me in a PM, I will give you my e-mail address.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I got your e-mail. I'll let you know what you need soon. Check back in a little while :whistling:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I don't see your sound card in the Winaudit report. All I see is Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device, which I don't think is your sound card.

Do you know the brand name and model of your sound card? If not, I may be able to find out what it is, if your computer is store-bought. If that is the case, let me know what the brand & model number of your computer is.