Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yamaha AC XG WDM Audio Driver update

• Please log in to reply

SandyN

SandyN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found the question (See below) and have the same question only my computer is a toshiba satellite 5005-S504. Will the same sony download work on my computer?

Thank you!
Sandy

Nathan_Benton
Sep 1 2005, 04:29 PM
Hello, my sister called me up about a week ago and asked if I could fix her sony laptop that doesn't have any sound. Well today she dropped it of and I booted it into Windows XP. I found the problem. YAMAHA AC-XG WDM Audio Device doesn't seem compatible with Service Pack WinXP. The website said to try doing an auto
update, which I did, and there is no longer any updates, re booted, same problem.
Is there a driver for WinXP for the YAMAHA AC-XG WDM Audio Device? Thank you for your time.

~Nathan
OneCoolSep 1 2005, 04:41 PM
whats model sony laptop is it?
Nathan_BentonSep 1 2005, 04:45 PM
Under the screen I see PCG-NVR23 I am most likely sure that is it.
OneCoolSep 1 2005, 04:49 PM
http://esupport.sony...d...d=7&ULA=YES

try that one

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Although your Toshiba laptop uses the same brand of sound-chip as the Sony laptop, there may be subtle differences which means the drivers are not interchangeable between the two. You should use the official driver supplied by Toshiba which I found here:

http://www.csd.toshi...u...gnj.0&ct=DL