Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

routers and lan

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
i have a windows 2000 pc which is currently pluged threw to the internet using a router and is set to recieve internet via LAN, this is because there was another 2 pcs pluged in but now there is only this 1 so i dont need the router no more, i've promised it for a friend but with out it my pc does not connect. could anyone provide any details of how i can lose the router?

thanks u guys

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Take the input wire out of the router. Stick that wire in your network card if you have one in your machine.

Emery.

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
did that, didnt work, it only wants to go tru the router so im guessing its the settings which i dont no how to change!

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Go Start>settings>network connections>from the left hand list, select ''make a new connection''. Follow the wizard.

Also, disable the wireless connection in the lower right hand corner.

fix?

W.Wolf

W.Wolf

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm unsure how to do this with windows 2000 but you need to look for some kind of setup wizard. Try looking around your network places (the properties etc)

EDIT: Yeh that ^^ :whistling:

Edited by W.Wolf, 28 August 2006 - 01:53 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also...your modem may have come with an installation CD...if it did you'll need to run that to install the modem driver's on your pc...it will also help walk you through the connection setup