Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't set up speakers and bass to work with new lcd monitor.

• Please log in to reply

3mil

3mil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I bought a new LCD monitor for my computer today, and it has a port for the sound right in the back of it and the other end is supposed to go directly into my computer.The sound works because it has speakers built right in.But the problem is that i'd like to use my old external speakers and bass (because the sound quality is better :blink: and so far I haven't been able to set it up.I'ts an Optiquest Q9 19" monitor, if that helps any one.

Thanks in advance :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't really see your problem if you want to stick with your original desktop speakers. Simply leave them plugged in as they were before you bought the new monitor and don't bother connecting the monitor's speaker cable at all.

If, however, you want to use your original desktop speakers AND the monitor speakers at the same time, you just buy a 'Y' adapter with a 3.5mm jack-plug at one end (this goes to your PC soundcard) and two 3.5mm female sockets at the other end (each pair of speakers plug in here)

3mil

3mil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, for some reason the first time i plugged them in the sosund didnt work. its fixed now. :whistling: