Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMPAQ PRESARIO 2100 Laptop Display Problem

• Please log in to reply

losted

losted

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi,

After formatting the laptop, the first installation screen came up was a very small square in the middle of the monitor with the rest of the screen black. The whole installation went through with the same screen setting, and after installation it's still having the same problem. Can someone please tell me how to change the screen back to normal?

I don't think this is a resolution problem from the XP setting. It seems like it's a more hardware or BIOS setting related problem.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
since it is a laptop you need to set it to the native resolution of the screen... First go to device manager ( right clk My computer and select properties and then either hardware followed by device manager ( for 200/xp ) or simply device manager (98/me) ) and make sure you have a driver for you video under display adaptor.... if it says standard vga you need to install the driver for the video... if it lists something else you need to change the resolution..... close all the above and right clik a blank space of your screen and select properties... then select settings... you need to up the resolution.... I would recommend uping it one at a time till it looks normal to you...

-- edit ---

you may need to reboot after each change.... some video doesn't adjust right without restarting....

Edited by shard92, 29 August 2006 - 10:35 AM.