Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Log onto windows..............

• Please log in to reply

Strange1

Strange1

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a Dell 2400 bequeathed to me when a friend died and when I boot up it says to log into Windows and has her name on it. No password is required tho and I just click on OK and it finishes booting up. How can I get rid of this little log on window? Thanks

Jack

Advertisements

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
** Please don't be offended if I over simplify - some users require more assistance than others - if you feel smart reading this - all is well - it's good to feel smug sometimes!!**

Hi there,

Once logged in go to your start button (bottom left hand corner of your screen) then control panel then user accounts.

Once here - the system controls are very simple - you click on an account to modify, delete or you have an option to add.

This is the place to either rename you user account or start yourself a new one.

Have fun personalising it!

Steve
:whistling:

Strange1

Strange1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thank you, I should have known that. :whistling:

Jack

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hey there,

Chill - we all learn something new everyday - and forget twice as much.....

The point of these forums is to share what we know and take some control back from those who wish to make money out of misery... (bit deep for this time and indeed this forum) - hehe

Have fun with your new machine and come back for any advice or support you need, your always welcome!

Steve
:whistling: