Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCLECoInst.dll

• Please log in to reply

Alan M

Alan M

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
When windows starts I receive this message:

Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\PCLECoInst.dll
The specified module could not be found

Please advise me on what I should do to fix this error.

Thank you,
Alan

Advertisements

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi,

Please see the following link - looks intimidating - forget most of it - just see the description part and you'll see the .dll owner. 'Pinnacle' - there's also a link here to them - chances are you have some software of theirs installed that's become corrupt (don't panic) - find out what it is and reinstall - if you then no longer need it - uninstall properly with add/rem programs.

Link: http://www.castlecop...CoInst_dll.html

All should be good.

Have fun,

Steve
:whistling:

Alan M

Alan M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi Steve

I uninstalled all my pinnacle software but the message still appears when the computer starts up. Additionally I think this problem is related to the sudden errors with several devices in the device manager including the dvd burner and cd rom. When I click on the properties for the erroneous devices I get this message:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Any more advice?

Thanks,
Alan

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi,

Wasn't actually asking you to uninstall the software until we'd fixed the issue. It's ok though we'll try another route. Can you please click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click the start up tab, click disable all

Then replace the ticks for your firewall, anti virus and any anti spyware programmes you have, click apply and reboot. Please then repost on here to let me know if you have any eror messages at start up.

Cheers

Steve

Alan M

Alan M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
This time there is no error message on startup. However, the MSCONFIG screen does pop back up.

Alan

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi,

Did it open a box that said system configuration utility (that has a tick box saying don't show at start up) - if so and you clicked the tick box that will go away at next start up. If you didn't tick it - the next time you restart - tick it and you're good to go.

Steve

Alan M

Alan M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks Steve. At the same time this message started appearing several of my device drivers stopped working and dont respond to updating or uninstalling/reinstalling. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks again
Alan

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi Again,

Can you please follow the steps below to run the disk checking/repairing utilty;

Manual steps to run Chkdsk at the command prompt
1. Click Start, and then Run.
2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.

• To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk c:/r, and then press ENTER. (note the space)

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type Y, and then press ENTER to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Let me know how it goes....

Steve

Alan M

Alan M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I restarted and the disk check started. I let the computer go for a while and when I came back it had finished and windows had started as normal. However, the devices still dont work. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Alan