Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I get rid of programs

• Please log in to reply

justenhansen

justenhansen

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hello. There are some programs (that came on the computer I think) that won't uninstall from add/remove programs. Some of thieir folders are still in Program Files, but some are not. Should I just delete their folders from Program Files? How then do I get them off of the registry? What's the best way of getting rid of these suckers. Thanks for your time, Justen

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Sometimes your system needs some of those folders. It's not that way in all cases however. To clean things up from the registery, I would suggest CCleaner. Donwload and install it from www.ccleaner.com ... That will clean any errors in the registry and uninstall files, etc. Let us know how you do.

IllEffect

IllEffect

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sometimes,you'll find that you cant remove a program by simply selecting "delete".You may have to go to the programs folder and look for the 'Uninstall" file/option.Also,should that not work,you can boot into safe mode with and delete the file/program. Hope this helps.

Edited by IllEffect, 29 August 2006 - 11:16 AM.