Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

partition lost!

• Please log in to reply

kang29

kang29

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey guys, recently i had a windows problem which resulted in a reformat.
but before i reformatted, i used partition magic 7.0 to partition a 10gig storage.
i'm not very computer savvy but i remember it was somthing like a data NTFS.
so i reinstalled windows and the whole bit. i reinstalled my drivers and everythings
back to normal EXCEPT i can't find my partition i made. partition magic showed 2 sections,
the main one i originally had. and what i think the free space of the 2nd partition which said
unallotcated. so i used partition magic 7 again to put that partion with my other one. but now
i still can't find the files i origanaly had. any ideas or thoughts?

-kang29

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
From my recollection of using PM, when you merge two adjacent partitions, PM creates a folder in the new, larger partition containing the data which previously resided in the old second partition. The default name for this folder I can't remember, but is probably 'folder1'.

kang29

kang29

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
where would it be located at?

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I also lost partitions using Partition Magic...and all of their contents...during a re-format...

Anyone out there have a solution?

I used Active@ File Recovery 7.1 ...deep scan...and it identified partitions that I never knew I had... I made about 3-4 over time, and it identified about 73 ??? What gives with that number? Where did they come from?

I gave up trying to recover them, as I did not have the time to sit there...and I was just testing the software!