Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USER ACCOUNTS

• Please log in to reply

trickyg

trickyg

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi

I am confussed that my xp windows pro is showing TWO acccounts users !!

When I am the ONLY account that has computer has !!!!

I therefore am the computer administrator

Yet the other account is called Adminstrator says is the computer administrator and is password protected.

I can see it in windows task Manager Users (showing disconnected at the moment); also in Control Panel - User Accounts as described above

Does this make any sence to anyone one ???

I am only concerned as i have had a couple of programs loaded onto my pc !! with out me loading them along with a couple of attempts to run my pc ???

HELP PLEASE

Tricky

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
No, in fact all XP systems work on a user account and an administator, for example you turn the computer it goes to your account but if there is a problem the comp would offer you the safe mode option where you will see your account as normal but above it the admin account too, meaning a least two accounts for each comp(you can make more though) the only thing is that normally when one turns on the comp the admin account is not on offer, you can however adjust your comp to show both, just most people don't bother to do so.

Edited by fleamailman, 29 August 2006 - 05:15 AM.

trickyg

trickyg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
thanks fleamailman

BUT i really am sure my pc is being connected to by outside....

I am definaltly the ONLY USER....

Not even my wife uses this pc..... she has her own laptop.....

I found a program loaded this morning called 1st Email Address Spider .............

???

Any ideas

Leehaa

Leehaa

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey!

The following isn't really that relevant, but may point you in the right direction.

http://support.micro...?...045&sd=tech

When you say: "along with a couple of attempts to run my pc ???" do you mean that the pc is starting of it's own accord - have you seen this happening, or is it in the event viewer? I did my MCDST recently and came across a question where someones PC kept either waking up or switching off during the early hours of the morning...it was related to a "wake on LAN" feature being enabled in the computers BIOS. If the feature is enabled, then ISP's can run routing checks to see if computers that recently visited are still connected to them...the checks often provoke the PC to either wake up or shut down if the wake on LAN is enabled.... may be worth looking into also??!?

Cheers,

L

Edited by Leehaa, 30 August 2006 - 06:17 AM.

trickyg

trickyg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Leehaa

Thanks ......Sorry does not really help ............

Again I have been online and had the box come up and ask DELL02/administrator is trying to connect to this computer. If you allow, you will be discounected, but you can resume later, do you want to allow connection YES or NO

HEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
OK for me that boils down to finding out the way you have been compromised, which type of trojan then. So I am going to give you the malware removal link and ask you to do the steps recommended there.

http://www.geekstogo....Log-t2852.html

trickyg

trickyg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok I am going to do my best to explain the situation that I find myself in…

My PC is a Dell,. It is on a small network of 5 PC’s all via Netgear Router.

I am the only person that has access to this PC as it is password protected. ( If you like I am the IT person !!) HELP!!

I have got access to my PC via my laptop using Remote Desktop Connection & DYNDNS Service.

(I have for the time being STOPPED this to try & get to the bottom of my problem)

What has been going on for the past few weeks is the following;

1. A few programs have been loaded into my Program Files & I know for FACT that I have not done so….

2. I have been asked on more than one occasion to accept the connection to DELL02/Administrator; as I understand it I AM the Administrator???? My user name IS WGC Back Office

3. I have also come across what I can only describe as a mailing information;
It has started and completed on numerous occasions from 23:24:50 thru to 00:44:50…..
Information included;

Mailing started at; 26/08/06 , 23:24:50

Message Subject; Important Notification
Message Type: HTML
Charset: Windows –1251
Message Priority; High

Messages has been sent from:

From Account ; asda (Royal Bank of Canada<[email protected])To To group: a(2 addresses) >> This Goes UP TO 3359 !!!!!
In Mode : Direct Delivery
Threads Used : 2
Proxy used : No

Delivery Statistic :

Total Sent ; 1
Total NOT sent: 1
Bad addresses; 1
Connection errors 0

Mailing completed at 26/08/06 23:25:21

These as I said before go on for over an hour….The number of addresses goes up to 3359 addresses!!

I really am pulling my hair out !! can someone please give me a clue as what to do …

As I have said I have tried all the malware suggestions on this site but no joy… I have even purchased Spyware Doctor and we already run Norton Internet Security 2006….Still no luck………

WHAT WHERE IS GOING ON ???

Can some one please advise me what to do next ……….

Thanks

Trickyg