Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware scanner

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Is there a free download for an application that can be run on a network to see what other computers hardware and software configurations are?

Please do not mistake free download with illegal copies. I am looking for legitimate open source apps.

Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You have been here a while you know that illegal stuff isnt allowed here and anyone who does mention it gets the post deleted and a possible ban.

Not sure about networks, but PCwizard and winaudit do that, not sure if they have something that can be run over a network but both are opensource as far as i know so you can always alter them so they will.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I understand the rules, but I wanted to make sure that anyoen who came across this post doesnt think thats what I want. I want legitimate software, right now I am using GFI Languard, but does not give me the cpu, ram, hardware stuff I am looking for.

What I am trying to do is take an inventory of what computers and specs I have on my network so I dont have to go to each PC and look it up manually.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
scot thanks for the winaudit. Thats a sharp application. I have not had luck across the network but I wouldnt mind bringing that with me because its quick.

Let me know if anyone else knows of one.

Thanks