Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JavaScript / Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

ess-uu

ess-uu

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Please help.
I have posted this problem before but I am still struggling with this.
I can not install flash player, any of it. I have followed links posted on this site and tried them all but the software will not install.
If I click into the 'add/remove programs' in my control panel there is a flash player on the list but it will not allow me to delete it.
However, even if I install another flash player the media that I try to watch still wont play, it comes up with the same message saying that there is no flash player installed or Javascript may be turned off (I dont know where to turn this on!)

Please help! Many thanks

Advertisements

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi ess-uu

Have a look at your Java app. Go to control panel and double click on the Java icon (looks like a little tea cup with steam coming off it) see what you have there to see if anything is turned off. If you have nothing there you could download Java from the Java website to see if that helps.

ess-uu

ess-uu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Many thanks for the reply.

Had a look in the control panel and found Java was not installed on my computer.
Visted the java site and began downloading java. However, it said it could not install as errors were found.

Pulling my hair out here and there is not much hair left!!

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi ess-uu
Try doing a registry clean using any free registry cleaner to see if this removes errors. Remember to do a backup of the registry before you clean, most cleaners do this. Then try to install java again. If this doesn't work then you may have to mess with the registry yourself and as this is something i know little about I,m sure some other Geekster will help. Look around the site for other posts regarding registry for tips to at least give you some idea of what this entails if, like me you have no clue. Hope you get your prob solved and let us know how if you do.