Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laserjet 5000 on XP Network

• Please log in to reply

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a networked printer, an HP Laserjet 5000, which was previously being accessed by a network of Windows 98 machines, but is now accessed by a network of Windows XP machines. Since this upgrade of Operating Systems, the printer has been producing errors on the LCD while also producing corrupt text on many print outs. I have updated the drivers, and also tested the printer locally - wherein it works fine. There are no drivers for the printer on XP, only for 2000, but I wouldn't have imagined this would cause a problem.

HAs anyone else experienced anything like this? Am I going to have to replace the printer?

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
I think it is the driver causing the problem. The printer doesn't understand what the xp computer is saying because the printer only understands win2k and older, not xp.

SuperGandhi

SuperGandhi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Much appreciated