Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please Insert disk into drive E:

• Please log in to reply

Mehdi

Mehdi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi i get this message when i try to access my Drive...my D drive works fine and reads cd's but this one doenst can someone plz help

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
WEll if windows sees the drive but it won't read anything chances are that it's dirty or not working... You could also check the cable though....

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
Do you have two CD drives or have you had two in the past?

What exactly is the problem? Do you have a second drive which won't read the disk? Or is it asking for the drive that no longer exists?

Sometimes programs record the device that the program was loaded from and want to have the same device to get more information from, which can cause problems.

What I do is to assign the drives to a high letter so that it will stay the same, typically X and Y.

Mehdi

Mehdi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Yes i have teo drives. My E drive which is the 2nd one (cd-rom) will not read CDs.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
I take it that you don't have a drive to replace it with, correct? You could try removing it, but the program might still want the E: drive.

If you want a short term hack, you can change the drive letter on the non-working drive to something else, then change the working drive to E:

Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management. In there go
to Disk Management.

You can right click on the drive and set the drive letter.