Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen error

• Please log in to reply

izod

izod

• Pip
  • 7 posts
after downloading a new set of dll files to repair virus damaged dlls I restarted win 95 and now all i get is a blue screen error. I can't even get it to load into safe mode. How do I undo or restore to the point before I downloaded the new dll files ?
:tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You will need to run a windows repair, which is essentially re-installing windows on top of itself.

This is a painless procedure...you will not lose any settings or files provided you do it correctly and that whatever you did before didn't totally wreck something.

Set your computer up to boot to CD first, insert your windows disk, windows will start to install. You must install it to the original directory--normally c:\windows, though if it was different for you, you need to install it there.

Do you know what the previous installation directory is/was?

izod

izod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Can I install win 98se over the win 95 or do I need to uninstall win 95 first?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Wait, what OS did you lose Win 95 or win98, you said win95.

If you install win98 over win95, you will be changing from a repair to a system installation. None of your programs will work.

izod

izod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks I dont know what I was thinking. Ill give your suggestion a try and let you know how it goes. :tazz:

izod

izod

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks I dont know what I was thinking. Ill give your suggestion a try and let you know how it goes.  :tazz:

View Post