Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web design programms

• Please log in to reply

humbbug

humbbug

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I was just curious on what are good web site designers and the pros and cons of each program. I already know of frontpage but curious of others.

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Well first of all, if there is a web designer program that is free to download, then you know it is not going to be very good.

Frontpage is ok but i don't really prefer it.

:whistling:

Juana

Juana

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i think Dreamweaver is good for you ,i like to use the Dreamweaver software fist time.

teamgrowth

teamgrowth

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I find Dreamweaver 8 is pretty nice, if you are little bit advance knowledge it can save your time as well.

hellerooo

hellerooo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah, Dreamweaver is great.

My first attempt I used Microsoft Publisher, it was ultra easy to use...but the results were not good. I then tried Frontpage, eventually ending up with Dreamweaver. It took a few days to get the hang of it, but the results look so much better than Publisher.

DKasler

DKasler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I agree with the 3 above comments. Dreamweaver is probably the best GUI wed developement software around.

However I personally feel that NOTHING beats a GOOD text editor that does color formating for code. Like Editpad by JGSoft

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
notepad++ is good, i tried it, it's not only for html but for a bunch of programming languages (including python, which i am learning). i tried dreamweaver too it's awesome

juma48

juma48

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Yeah i agree with the suggestion above that dreamweaver is easy to use interface tools. Frontpage is nice and easy to use however it doesn't not have those advance tools like dreamwever. I have try textpad too and it basically same like notepad is just that textpad is a little bit advance and it can use with coldfusion. I not sure about notepad though.

Edited by juma48, 17 September 2006 - 10:44 AM.