Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BIOS BS

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Okay, here's my situation. I was setting up my new computer, and was using the MSI update tool to update some stuff.. now I'm not really that computer smart, and it recommended updated the BIOS, so I did so, they were Flashed in windows, not in DOS. After the flash it rebooted, but didn't boot to windows, it just hung there. So I turned the system off, twice, and the 3rd time it booted into windows. Now I get random restarts mostly while playing Oblivion. Not sure if it's related, but none the less I am worried about my BIOS, as to I do not know what version my BIOS was before it was fashed to version 1.5
So.. what should I do to ensure it was flashed correctly? my system boots and runs...so it can't be too broken perhaps.. Maybe I should flash them again to be sure?
Maybe someone can tell me which version they might have been before hand?
Help me make a bootable CD, because I don't have a floppy drive =(

Someone please help, I am very worried I ruined something in there.. and just spent all my money on this rig, and can't afford a new board for quite some time!

Please, and thank you all in advance.

Advertisements