Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

https site says session expired,can't log on

• Please log in to reply

tigerdon

tigerdon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm trying to logon to my company HRaccess site. Used before but now when I enter my user ID and password, it returns with message" your session has expired,log in again" and gives me another popup with initial logon. When I enter info again I get the same message , its like a circle. I have tried deleting cookies and history and temp internet files. I can logon at the library or other locations, just not at home. Had company reset password with same results. Contacted ATT, (ISP), figured they were holding cookies. They say they dump after disconnect (dialup). I even went so far as to format harddrive and reload windows,same message. Any ideas? Don

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Try clearing the temporary Internet files. Start /settings / control panel /internet options / temporary internet files on that page, delete files

Edited by silverbeard, 29 August 2006 - 01:20 PM.

tigerdon

tigerdon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
that was one of the first things I tried, I have consulted several computer techs and I am A+ myself but haven't found a cure, anyone have a clue?

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Internet Explorer 6.x
Select "Tools | Internet Options..." from the main menu.
Change to the "Privacy" tab
Click "Advanced..."
For "First-party Cookies" select: "Accept"
For "Third-party Cookies" select: "Accept"
Click "OK"
Click "OK" again.

Make sure to check the box to "Always allow session cookies". If you are still receiving the "session expired" message, go to the "privacy" tab again, in the bottom area it says "Websites". Click the bottom button that says "Edit". Then click the button "Remove All"

tigerdon

tigerdon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Found the problem! System clock date had been changed to year 2023. ALL GOOD NOW