Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

Vic63

Vic63

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i need help finishing the connection for wireless connection. I'm using a Linksys router which computer number 1 is hooked up to and is working just find, my problem is that my wireless is connected to the router just fine, but i have a message which say's internet cannot be found, can someone please help me with getting my other PC online, thank you.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello Vic63 and welcome to G2G, :whistling:

I need a little additional information to help you fix your problem.

Please Answer the following questions:

1) What operating System do you have on the Problematic PC, Please include any Windows Updates or Patches (Example..XP SP1 or 2)?

....How to find out: Locate the MY COMPUTER icon and right click on it to select Properties.. on the General tab, look under SYSTEM

2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the network card or Adapter currently Installed on the Problematic PC?

....How to find out: Locate the MY COMPUTER icon and right click on it to select Properties.. on the "Hardware" or "Device" tab , click on the "Hardware" or "Device Manager: button, then scroll down to NETWORK ADAPTERS and copy down everything listed in this category. also noting any other devices ni the entire list that have a Red "X" or Yellow "!".

3) What is the Manufacturer of the Router you are using?

....How to find out: Is usually printed on a small sticker, either on the bottom or back.

4) What IP Configuration are you using for both computers (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic)?

....How to find out: Click on start, Type in: cmd .... or ... command : when the black screen appears type in: ipconfig /all :and hit enter. Copy the results back in your post (again for all pc's).

5) What steps have you already taken to try and correct your problem?

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-5 THOROUGHLY, TO HELP ME, HELP YOU BETTER TROUBLESHOOT THE PROBLEM.

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 30 August 2006 - 03:31 PM.