Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:43 PM
Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:30 PM
I need a little additional information to help you fix your problem.
Please Answer the following questions:
1) What operating System do you have on the Problematic PC, Please include any Windows Updates or Patches (Example..XP SP1 or 2)?
....How to find out: Locate the MY COMPUTER icon and right click on it to select Properties.. on the General tab, look under SYSTEM
2) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the network card or Adapter currently Installed on the Problematic PC?
....How to find out: Locate the MY COMPUTER icon and right click on it to select Properties.. on the "Hardware" or "Device" tab , click on the "Hardware" or "Device Manager: button, then scroll down to NETWORK ADAPTERS and copy down everything listed in this category. also noting any other devices ni the entire list that have a Red "X" or Yellow "!".
3) What is the Manufacturer of the Router you are using?
....How to find out: Is usually printed on a small sticker, either on the bottom or back.
4) What IP Configuration are you using for both computers (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic)?
....How to find out: Click on start, Type in: cmd .... or ... command : when the black screen appears type in: ipconfig /all :and hit enter. Copy the results back in your post (again for all pc's).
5) What steps have you already taken to try and correct your problem?
PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-5 THOROUGHLY, TO HELP ME, HELP YOU BETTER TROUBLESHOOT THE PROBLEM.
Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 30 August 2006 - 03:31 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users