Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bizzare. Media Player Classic Freezes

• Please log in to reply

gordievsky

gordievsky

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys. I have a pretty strange problem here. I have been using media player classic for some time. I love it. Now it is broke.

Whenever I open Media Player Classic version 6.4.9 and brush my cursor over the File menu it freezes. In the Task manager is states "Not Responding." Strangely, another instance of wmpc also appeares under application. This does not happen when i attempt to open a file (i can't get that far), it happens as soon as I attempt to click the "File menu."

I have the ff4show codec. I am running a gateway desktop 3 gig pentium 4. My video card is Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller. I will provide any other info to you would like.

Can you help?

Thanks! :whistling: :blink:

Edited by gordievsky, 29 August 2006 - 01:03 PM.

Advertisements

gordievsky

gordievsky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Got it fixed. For anyone elese who has this problem, select "hide cd roms menu" in options.

Have no idea in the world why that fixes it.

fu7666

fu7666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Feels like a time-out to me, because MPC responds again after a minute or so. I've had the same problem and have posted the description to the MPC support forum: http://sourceforge.n...amp;atid=854652. Check back there if anyone takes it on.

My guess is that MPC tries to access something on a CD that was once inserted, and is now gone. It would probably work if you could remember which CD it was. I have skimmed the registry but found no entries there, so I'm not sure I'm on the right track, but if I am, how to make MPC forget. But your solution is fine - those of us that are still spinning CDs in their computers to listen to music, do it with Windows Media Player anyway...

J