Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wifi connection insecure

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi i have a Linksys router connected to 2 computers with DSL. I'm pretty sure my wifi connection isn't secure so how do i check to see if it's secure/if it isn't how to i secure it?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I am not the expert, and someone may come along and correct me which would be helpful, but I just stumbled upon your post. But when you set up the wifi, there is a setting to make it encrypted asking you for a password.

Can you go to view all network connections? if so, if there is a lock by your connection, then it is secured.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
there is a lock so everythings fine?!?!? there's no way of ppl from outside to connect to my wifi connection?

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
there is a lock so everythings fine?!?!? there's no way of ppl from outside to connect to my wifi connection?