Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Install Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

MChow

MChow

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I can't install my flash player. When I click the link that says install, I go to the next screen like you're supposed to, but all that ever happens is that there is a box with a triangle square and circle. Soon after the box disappears, all that appears are two small dots.

I'm trying to download this on Internet Explorer for a game, somehow I was able to download flash on firefox without a problem.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you access this site

http://www.gadget-de....moonfruit.com/

MChow

MChow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No I can't, it says you have visited a site that uses the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player and I don't have it =/.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There should be a button to install it

Get Flash Player?

MChow

MChow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
All I see is a box with a red X at the left corner of it where the button should be.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for IE

http://www.filehippo...flashplayer_ie/

MChow

MChow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, I finished installing it using the link that you gave me, it says Installation Complete! at the end but flash still doesn't work =/

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is IE set as the default browser

MChow

MChow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No it isn't. How do you set it as the default browser?

MChow

MChow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok I figured out how to set it as my default browser but I still have the same problem when trying to download flash.

Ihateflashplayer

Ihateflashplayer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
This is basically a useless question. Everyone sends you to a "button" to download flash player. Every button on every website takes you back to the same download (on the adobe site) that doesn't work in the first place.

So what you should do is, when you get to adobe, click where it says "if your download doesn't start click here" or something like that.

Then you'll download it. Finally!

And when you install it, it will freeze up about only part way through.

And it still won't work. So I suggest going to computer classes, becoming an expert and write your own program. Then create a virus and email it to adobe customer service.

Ihateflashplayer

Ihateflashplayer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You might try going here (this was linked earlier) and downloading an older version of flash player.

http://kb2.adobe.com...2/tn_14266.html

that's the only solution I've ever found, it'll last for awhile. I had it working for almost 3 months with an older version. This is actually a fairly common problem I've noticed and based on all the FAQS and troubleshooting pages and places like this... Adobe and tech folks are oblivious.

The new flash player is crap. Total, complete, will-not-work crap.

But that's just me.

Ihateflashplayer

Ihateflashplayer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I just got it to work by downloading Google Chrome and then downloading the flash player for non-IE browsers.

So I'm officially a Chrome user now.