Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cordbg.exe

• Please log in to reply

bumbleroy

bumbleroy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
.net framework cannot be uninstalled... tried to uninstall 1.1 version but pop up said that it was not present on my pc (yes all downloaded from MS website)....Tried to run redistributable 1.1 but alas jit debugger could not be found...Cannot access configuration on any .net framework apps in admin tools fatal engine error(0X7927e3e) followed by the same old jit debugger message (exception cannot be handled process id=0xf48 (3912) thread id=0x2de (732).....registered jit debugger not available error code 0x2 (2) check pc for cordbg.ex process will wait while you install manually.....

Tried to install . net sdk so cordbg.exe could be found but the old jit debugger error message comes up on that too...

Any suggestions

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Have we been here before? I think I made a suggestion on this about using a MS clean up utility...cannot find it now. If it is the same thread, it is always helpful to stay in the same thread with the same problem, so we don't cover old ground.

Pretty sure this is an old thread, so my next suggestion...especially given the JIT problem...what are your Internet Explorer Security Settings?

Control Panel > Internet OPtions > Security tab, click Interent zone
Click Custom button, scroll down to SCRIPTING, you will find three settings. Set all to enable.

Additonally, reinstall the MS Scripting host

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Reboot. Now try redistributable

bumbleroy

bumbleroy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Sorry for having started a new thread.....previous post seemed to deal with all my malaware probs of which there were many!!! Install utility you suggested worked great, managed to install .net framework redistributable..loaded software...held my breath and than it happened again jit debugger...no cordbg.exe...so I installed cordbg.exe onto the system by installing the Microsoft .NET SDK

The .NET SDK installer can be downloaded from this URL:

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

after installing the SDK I added into the path in my environment variables C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v1.1\Bin

loaded the software again cordbg.exe prompt cut in, a black Dos screen appeared and this is what it showed as the specific info on what exceptions are causing the error. Any ideas...I would be most grateful

Log as follows:

Microsoft ® Common Language Runtime Test Debugger Shell Version 1.1.4322.573
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.

(cordbg) a 0x390
Process 912/0x390 created.
Warning: couldn't load symbols for c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\
mscorlib.dll
[thread 0x728] Thread created.
Unable to determine existence of prolog, if any
[thread 0xa94] Thread created.
[thread 0x728] Unhandled exception generated: (0x00aa10cc) <System.ExecutionEngi
neException>
_className=<null>
_exceptionMethod=<null>
_exceptionMethodString=<null>
_message=<null>
_innerException=<null>
_helpURL=<null>
_stackTrace=<null>
_stackTraceString=<null>
_remoteStackTraceString=<null>
_remoteStackIndex=0x00000000
_HResult=0x80131506
_source=<null>
_xptrs=0x00000000
_xcode=0xe0434f4d

Thread 0x728 R 0x7C90EB94: <unknown>
(cordbg)

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, I know what symbols is, but I cannot imagine where this will lead ...

You need to download these

http://www.microsoft.../symbolpkg.mspx

This is really intended for debugging donet program code, not dealing with a faulty program coded by someone else. Unless you're a programmer, I don't see how this can help.

I think this is just a case of a deeply screwed up windows installation..trying to resolve this in this way could take forever.

I know you probably don't want to reinstall windows, but it may take less time in the long run.

bumbleroy

bumbleroy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
It does seem a highly complex solution just to run a piece of PCTV software...In my time ive installed 3 seperate TV cards and it has always resulted in a system re install....I'll try downloading these symobls i've opted for this one

http://msdl.microsof...slp-Symbols.exe

hope it is correct if that doesnt work Ill have to get my recovery disc out of storage this weekend....