Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop backspace key fallen off!

• Please log in to reply

xJazmeenx

xJazmeenx

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well I have a black dell laptop and the other day I was completeing some work when my lovely sister grabbed it and starting tugging it toward her and her fingernail slipped easlily under the backspace key! :whistling: It fell off and I have noticed that there is (under the key) some white technical things that help the key clip onto my keyboard thing. One of the things that usually slips under has broken off and it is very hard to continue pressing a tiny button instead of my usual one. I'd like to know if you can buy replacements in australia that is or where I should be able to get something to fix it or I don't know :blink: .
Yeah well help muchly appreciated :help:
-Jazmeen

Advertisements

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Why dont you contact dell and ask for a new backspace key?

intellectual

intellectual

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem few months ago and my friend told me about a key replacement company. They are selling a single key at $4.99, they also helping us in installing the keys by simple step by steps installation videos. I guess you should try it too. Check out it mite save you :) :) http//www.laptopkey.com/

angelicscar

angelicscar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have the same problem too, the spacebar in my laptop is really hard to press and i think i have to buy one. good thing i have passed through this forum, thanks for the suggestion. it really helped a lot

icanseeyourlaptop

icanseeyourlaptop

• Pip
  • 3 posts
replacing laptop keys are very simple, and always replace keys before you attempt to install a new keyboard, its very easy and cheap.

a source i get my laptop keys replacement from is www.replacementlaptopkeys.com

chhheeerrrrsss