Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to do a restore

• Please log in to reply

Leehaa

Leehaa

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello,

I may have to restore some data today, but haven't done this before.

The lady who deleted the data has been instructed where the tape is and how to load it in.

Is it just a case of locating the folder (via the server which hosts the back-up drive) from the back-up tape and copying it over to the original location on the server....or would there be more to it than that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm on my own today :whistling: , so no-one to ask!!

Cheers,

L

Edited by Leehaa, 30 August 2006 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
good morning Leehaa.go to start then all programs then accessories then to sistem tools then system restore then restore my computer to an earlier time
then follow the directions

Leehaa

Leehaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

good morning Leehaa.go to start then all programs then accessories then to sistem tools then system restore then restore my computer to an earlier time
then follow the directions

Good afternoon!

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, but I didn't explain myself properly. The restors is to be from a daily back-up tape that the company use.

I think i've cracked it now anyway as the software that comes with the back-up drive is very straight forward!!

Have a good day and thanks for your help!