Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

" How Do I Reformat The Hard Drive On An Old Win 95 HP PC ? "

• Please log in to reply

rgarr

rgarr

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have an old Win 95 HP PC that I'm giving to charity and I need to know how to reformat the HD using F-Disk command I assume? I've never done this before so I would need step-by step instructions. Thank you all in advance for your help with this! I appreciate it very much!

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Formatted and delete drives can still be recovered by certain software application. You can wipe the drive and that will destroy the data on the drive. There is a freeware application called Kill Disk that will wipe your hard drive clean. I use it every time I do a clean install of an OS. It is very effective.

rgarr

rgarr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Formatted and delete drives can still be recovered by certain software application. You can wipe the drive and that will destroy the data on the drive. There is a freeware application called Kill Disk that will wipe your hard drive clean. I use it every time I do a clean install of an OS. It is very effective.

Thanks 'acklan '

I just d/l it and I will use it my friend.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
I am glad to have been of help.

Good luck Brother.