Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with build please/ im young

• Please log in to reply

tiffin

tiffin

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
ok so this guy is helping me with a build im a student so im not huge into the money department but i need a computer that will hold and use some good graphics programs at a good speed you know. i also have 1 game i play online but my parents 256 ram computer holds it fast so im not to worried. can u please tell me if this build is good for it he said hes building it for what i need. i just wanted some second smart opinions you know

so this is the build. (just for the tower)

1gb ddr2 of ram (i can upgrade to more later)
80 gb harddrive
nvidia 7300gt 256 mb pci x (graphics card)
lg dvd-rw
amd 3200 am2
msi k9vgn motherboard

its also 64 bit proccessors (intel)

this is the build black case included all for 700 dollars tax included

so what do you think.

this computer also comes with a 2 year warranty so if it wrecks i take it in he fixes it for free

Edited by tiffin, 30 August 2006 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I would definitely recommend getting a larger HD. Especially if you ever have any intention of storing digital media (downloaded songs, movies, etc.).

Also, you can usually get a 7600GS for around the same price as a 7300GT, so you might want to look into that.

Other than that it should be fine.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its also not intel its an AMD.