Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emachines T2895 won't power up

• Please log in to reply

jinlai

jinlai

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently received an Emachines T2895 that won't power up. I replaced the power supply(tested the old and it was dead) with one that is tested and works. The computer still won't turn on, not even the fans run with the new power supply. The power switch on the back of the power supply is on. I pulled the 20 pin connector off the Mobo and plugged in the power supply. The CPU fan does run that way. Is the mobo fried or is there something else I'm missing. Maybe the power switch in the front?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Check all those power connections. If all else fails, I would say that maybe the motherboard went :whistling:

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Just because the fans run doesn't mean the powersuply is good. eMachines have notoriously bad PSUs and I have replaced many. If you don't have a PSU tester you will need a known good PSU to test with. Powersuplies are generally cheaper than mainboards. For good eMachine help checkout emachineupgraders.

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
browser error Bump!

Edited by silverbeard, 30 August 2006 - 08:31 PM.

jinlai

jinlai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I used a known good PSU and still nothing. Oh well. I don't want to spend the money on a Motherboard(I don't have the experience to replace it anyway) so I'll probably just part it out.