Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Issue

• Please log in to reply

cstach

cstach

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a NEC Multisync E1100 montior and just recently everything shows up with a shadow effect. It's a CRT display and I'm dumbfounded by what it could be. I glanced at the OS display settings and the settings for the monitor itself, but nothing appears out of the ordinary. The computer is used by my entire family and there is the possibility that on of them decided to "tweak" it, but who knows. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

-Chad

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I'm not sure what may have caused this, however, let's try System Restore. Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. A new window will appear. Make sure that "restore my computer to an earlier time" has a bullet point next to it, and click next. You will now see a calendar. I want you to go back to yesterday. When you click on the day, you will see a list of times. Pick the one that best suits you. Click on next. You will now see a confirmation screen. Confirm that the date and time are correctly set, and click on finish. Your computer will now restart. Just before resetting, you will see a progress meter, showing you the restoration process. It may take a few minutes, so be patient. The computer will then restart, and with any luck, when you login, you will be back to normal. Good luck to you :whistling: