Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Error: 0x80090019 (Windows Product Activation)

• Please log in to reply

R. Danner III

R. Danner III

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Computer is an eMachines T6420 that just recently (earlier today) began tossing the error noted in the topic and description. Have already tried (unsuccessfully) the solution provided to another by Gerry, so I'm puzzled, and not liking it at all (am a computer tech myself).

Computer is less than 6 months old, and the problem apparently began right after I installed a diagnostic tool... Runs in Safe mode, but only in pure Safe mode; Safe Mode with Networking does the ever-repeating error box, just like normal mode does. :whistling: The machine is typically used in Limited-User mode (If it's possible to do Power User accounts on MCE2005, I haven't managed it yet) so I'm understandably puzzled.

Window Title: Windows Product Activation

Error text:
"A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code 0x80090019."

Must not reformat, due to irreplaceable data aboard, so that eliminates destructive System Recovery via PCAngel. :sigh:

Machine came with a System Recovery DVD, however, so it is possible that Repair Mode is available. Would not count on it, though. Am currently checking with SpySweeper for malware, although I expect that isn't the problem at all.

NOD32 and SpySweeper both give the thumbs up; no infestations.

Edited by R. Danner III, 30 August 2006 - 06:20 PM.