Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading to a new LCD monitor...which one?

• Please log in to reply

Arizona

Arizona

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm looking to buy a new 19" LCD monitor and I keep going back and forth...which one?

Hanns·G HW191D / 19" / 5ms / 700:1 / WXGA 1440 x 900 / DVI-D / Widescreen LCD Monitor

or

Samsung 19" 920N / 8ms / 700:1 / SXGA 1280 x 1024 / Black / LCD Monitor

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I'm looking to buy a new 19" LCD monitor and I keep going back and forth...which one?

Hanns·G HW191D / 19" / 5ms / 700:1 / WXGA 1440 x 900 / DVI-D / Widescreen LCD Monitor

or

Samsung 19" 920N / 8ms / 700:1 / SXGA 1280 x 1024 / Black / LCD Monitor

whats the prices on both??

Samsung is a higher up / better brand even if the samsung still has just a hair more ms time.

Arizona

Arizona

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The Hanns is 179.99 and the Samsung is 209.99 with a 20 dollar rebate...I've found a lot of people recommending the Hanns and the Samsung both...The Hanns is selling like hotcakes on TigerDirect...I'm having a lot of trouble picking...

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

The Hanns is 179.99 and the Samsung is 209.99 with a 20 dollar rebate...I've found a lot of people recommending the Hanns and the Samsung both...The Hanns is selling like hotcakes on TigerDirect...I'm having a lot of trouble picking...

Thats a hard decision, they both look like good monitors. The hanns even looks good it had all very good reviews aswell.. Lets put it this way if you want the widescreen go with hanns. I would probably go with the hanns because it looks to tempting. The hanns is the better deal for what you get in price aswell..

Arizona

Arizona

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think I'm gonna go with the Hanns...is it worth it to buy an ext. warranty?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I think I'm gonna go with the Hanns...is it worth it to buy an ext. warranty?

Well it depends how much that is but me personally I wouldnt get an ext. warranty.. Ill leave that one up to you.