Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton AntiVirus 2006

• Please log in to reply

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
My company laptop was recently upgraded from NAV 2003 to NAV 2006 (against my wishes but price rules in the business world). Installation of the latter seemed to proceed smoothly, no errors or issues reported by NAV.

However, since this change (did not occur w/ NAV 2003) when I scan a file, files or folders for malware w/ the new product, NAV 2006, the NAV window states "Total Files Scanned = 0" and states no malware found. If it scanned no files, well I'm not surprised that nothing was found. The result is the same whether I scan from Windows Explorer or directly from NAV's window after activating it from the task bar.

I have followed & completed the steps at Symantec's NAV 2006 product "AutoFix" tool on their website. The response was no viruses found. Worthless! I was not looking for viruses.

Could there be a setting I'm missing?

Also.... How can I get rid of that large, annoying task bar icon "Norton" & message pop up that appears at each reboot telling me "Attention Required"? I have Automatic Updates disabled for a reason. I don't need a pop up to remind me daily. Have not found anything in NAV's options that will allow me to remove this.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated. Replacement of NAV is not an option for me since this is the company's equipment.

Johanna.... are you still there? :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the message will continue to pop up because you have automatic updates disabled.

as to the other, let me do some research and I will see what I can find.

Please run live update to make sure the product is fully patched.