Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MiniDV Camera to DVD?

• Please log in to reply

blacksky

blacksky

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,

I am a novice in the computers and have got a Panasonic MiniDV video camera. I want to convert my MiniDV cassettes into DVDs and I was recently suggested that I can use my computer (with DVD writer) to write DVDs. I dont have a Firewire connection on the computer.

Please advise what all I need to make it work. And what is the easiest way to convert from MiniDV to DVD.

Thank you very much.

Regards
Blacksky

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do you know the size of the hard drive and the amount of Ram memory it has

ozgood

ozgood

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Use the WEB Search window...punch in "Video Editing Hardware" and see what comes up.
You just need to get the footage onto a harddrive (along with audio) and you'll need Video Editing Software...research that as well. Best Buy has some good software. And If you have Win XP , Best Buy is LOADED with options for editing your stuff. SoundForge opens New Options for your Imagination. Play with the Audio and add it back to the Video and PRESTO ! A KOOL personal Video!
USB harddrives are Great to store Video & Audio files on. Do Have TONS OF FUN !