Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Disk name

• Please log in to reply

drlovemoose

drlovemoose

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I recently formatted my hard drive and when I installed Windows XP the hard drive is H: now and I want it to be C: Some other removable device is under C: How do I change the name of my HD to C:? I want to do this because when I try to install the audio and network drivers (HP drivers) its automatically looking at C: and saying please insert the device. Thank you

Advertisements

drlovemoose

drlovemoose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Can someone please help me with this topic? Is it possible to change the HD name?

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Take out the removable device (C:). Now, go to my computer and right click on your Hard drive (H:) and click on ''change name''. Then change the Hard drive name to (C:) or whatever you want it to be.

Fix?

Edited by emery, 31 August 2006 - 10:22 AM.

drlovemoose

drlovemoose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
No it cant be dont like that. You cant change name of drive just by going change name.